We are in the middle of a major epidemic targeted at our children. The Standard American Diet known as the SAD diet has become the diet of the western world and has become a staple for our children. It is characterized by high intakes of red meat, sugary desserts, high-fat foods, and refined grains. It also typically contains high-fat dairy products, high-sugar drinks, higher intakes of processed meat as well as processed foods consisting of additives, preservatives and food coloring. In addition, over $20 billion are spent every year on marketing children junk food. Listed below are facts that are the result of the over-processed food and sugar that we are feeding our children.
- The generation of Americans born in the year 2000 and after is the first in history to have a shorter life expectancy than its parents.
- Food additives have been scientifically and conclusively linked to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
- 40-50% of U.S. children born in the year 2000 could develop Type 2 Diabetes during their lifetimes with a strong likelihood that this will occur by the time they reach high school.
- Blood pressure has increased over the past decade among children and adolescents, in part because of significantly increasing rates of childhood obesity.
- In 2001, Americans consumed 15 billion gallons of soft drinks, twice as much as in 1974 and the equivalent of 587 12-ounce servings per year for every man, woman, and child.
- The rate of obesity among children today is twice as high as it was in the late 1970s.
As parents, we need to start feeding our children real food that comes from the earth. Their diet should consist of whole vegetables, fruits, nuts, grains, and organic meats. In addition, give your children ISF superfoods to supplement their diet. Children are very impressionable and eager to learn; teach them good eating habits now that will endure for a lifetime All of our products can be given to children to make them feel better and be healthier!